Saturday, June 15, 2013

A boy and Bambi

A boy and Bambi

This short story is inspired by a Taoist parable 'Whose Dream Is This?' and my personal experience during a road trip. Although this is less than 2 minutes story, I tried to structure a story with some moments and to build a story with the pieces together. I am inspired by a Taoist parable mentioned by Dr. Marilyn Arnone. I re-used a concept of 'Dream' from the parable and put into my story. The main characters are a boy, baby deer, and a policeman. 




A seven years old boy grew up in a farm in Kansas.
In the last winter, he got a baby deer named Bambi.
The boy fed her and took care of her sincerely.
One hot day in June,
The boy realized that Bambi was gone.
The boy and his family tried to find her for a day but they couldn't find her..
They boy cried and cried, and finally he fell asleep. 

(Driving...)
In his dream, he was driving a car. 
But the car was not like his father's truck.
There were lots of equipment in the car.
And the sight was very blurry like fog surrounds the car.
At the moment he thinks of his deer Bambi,
Bambi just came out to the middle of the road.

(Phone ringing...)
The boy woke up and found his dad was on a telephone....

This is my story and what happened to Bambi?
A policeman found her in the middle of highway, saw her dog-tag, and called to the owner. 

3 comments:

  1. You created an enchanting story based on personal experience and an inspiration. Well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you build suspense using your voice, pacing and the sound effect of the car and phone. Your story reflects the way our dreams blend reality and our fears, perceptive and imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank Marilyn for sharing a story and inspiring me a new story.
    I am so glad you enjoyed a story. Thank you!

    You exactly got my idea Bonita! Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete