Monday, June 3, 2013

A tale of Journey



My first astrophotography picture
It all starts from a picture. Mr. Lim was living in upstate NY, and one day in May he was looking at the outside through a wooden-framed window. Most of students left the campus after Spring semester. The outside was very calm and silent. Not many students were staying in campus. At the evening, he decided to have a walk. Gentle breeze and cool yet warm wind on an empty street greeted Mr. Lim. Although he couldn't see, he could listen, smell, and feel them. He was feeling good energy from the universe. Suddenly he ran back to his house, brought a camera and tripod to outside. When Mr. Lim was taking pictures at the evening, he was imaging of himself in New Mexico.
I am trying to build a story based on my road trip with a friend from New Jersey. The road trip was started in June.1st. 2012 from New York to California. I have prepared for this trip for few weeks, but it was hard to create a timeline. After several talks with my friend, we decided to set destinations such as New Mexico, Arizona, and North Dakota. We agree to let our trip go flexible as possible. I gathered my personal belongings and took a picture of them. I could see what I want to get from this trip by this picture.


My Personal belongings





Key: Where I will return to after this trip 

Passport: My Identification
Camera: Memories. Moment
Phone: Friends
Diary & Pen: Stories, What's in my mind
USB: Memories. Music
Car Key: 
Broken Crosses: God. Charm. Being good



Stars have been always lighting us, but we cannot always see the starlight. 
Maybe some of the stars are not existing now.
Maybe I am watching what is not existing anymore.
They put me into time and space.



Updating..
Joe Lambert's 7 Steps of Digital Storytelling in Digital Storytelling Cookbook
Step 1: Owning Your Insights
  • What do I want from this trip?
  • What do I want to tell about this trip?
Step 2: Owning Your Emotions
  • How do I feel during this trip?
  • How does my feeling change? Why?
  • How will I feel about this trip after all?
Step 3: Finding The Moment
  • Taking pictures and videos.
Step 4: Seeing Your Story
Step 5: Hearing Your Story
Step 6: Assembling Your Story
Step 7: Sharing your Story

2 comments:

  1. Lim, I like that you selected one point in time with respect to your total trip experience to share in this post. Your intrigue of stars shines through your words. . .

    "Stars have been always lighting us, but we cannot always see the starlight.
    Maybe some of the stars are not existing now.
    Maybe I am watching what is not existing anymore.
    They put me into time and space."

    I look forward to how you craft the story of your travel experience in your final project. I have a suggestion for minor word tweaking in my feedback to your submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a comment Marilyn,
    I like stargazing, it makes me feel comfortable when seeing stars.
    Or maybe I'm seeing and asking my existence in this reality through shining stars.
    Like a person among billions, a star is also shining and telling others about its existence among billions of stars.
    Some says stars are far away and they are nearly un-realistic,
    but I guess stars are like humans. They keep a distance to each other and shine each other from the darkness.

    ReplyDelete